Sambar recipe for Idli, Dosa, Vada, Medu Vada, Masala Dosa and Rice It is a very popular South Indian recipe.
South Indian dishes are mentioned and sambar’s name should not be taken there is difficult. Medu Vada, Idli or Rava Idli or Dosa or Masala Dosa are South Indian dishes named after the name of sambar. Suppose their complement is a substitute.
By the way, Sambar for Idli, Dosa, Vada, Medu Vada, Masala Dosa and Rice Is associated with Madras or Tamil Nadu. But if the food historian believes, then it happened due to a mistake, in making the Accidental recipe or another dish.
Marathi ruler Sambhaji Maharaj was making dal / lentil curry in the absence of his father. When he was making since he was making first time, he accidentally put tamarind in it. As a result, the dish that was made did not become dal. It went ahead and called sambar.
While preparing sambar, some vegetables are added with tur dal in it. Such as Pumpkin, onion, Brinjal, Drum Stick, lady finger/ Bhindi and Tomato etc. With this, it becomes a nutritious and healthy dish.
Ingredients of sambar recipe
- 150 grams Tuvar Dal
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 teaspoon rai / Mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon fenugreek seeds
- 2 – 3 dry red chillies
- 1 green chili
- 10 -12 curry leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon asafoetida powder
- 1 onion cut in Julian
- 2 Tomato (Chopped)
- 1 carrot sliced
- 10 – 12 pumpkin
- 8 – 10 pieces brinjal
- 8 – 10 Singi (Drum stick)
- 1/2 teaspoon red chili powder
- 2 tablespoons sambar powder
- 4-5 teaspoon Tamarind water
- Cut into 1/2 onion cubes
- A little jaggery / sugar
- Coriander leaves, salt
- Soak 150 grams of Tuvar Dal in water for 30 minutes
- Put the Tuvar Dal in the cooker after 30 minutes
- Then add water, turmeric powder and salt as per taste.
- Cook the lentils with 3 cities in the cooker.
- Remove the lid of the cooker when the lentils are cooked
- Stir the lentils slightly with the Smasher. Pour water
- Put the pot on the gas and add 2 teaspoons of oil
- When the oil is hot, add rai / Mustard.
- After Rai becomes hot, add Fenugreek seeds, dry red chilies, green chilies, curry leaves and Asafoetida powder and cook for 20 to 30 seconds.
- Add onion and cook for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add tomatoes and cook for 3 to 4 minutes.
- After the tomatoes are cooked, add drum stick, pumpkin, brinjal and carrot and mix well and cook for 1 to 2 minutes.
- When all the vegetables are cooked, add red chili powder, salt and sambar powder as per taste and mix it well.
- Add tamarind water and mix it well.
- Once the tamarind water is mixed, add 1,1 / 2 cup water and cook it on a low flame for 3-4 minutes.
- After 3 to 4 minutes add onion and mix it.
- Add a little jaggery and cook for 1 minute.
- Put the boiled dal in a vessel and mix it well and let it boil on high heat. After that, simmer for 4 to 5 minutes on low flame.
- Add coriander leaves and mix well and turn off the gas.